Top Ten Experiences in Ireland with CIE Tours
Photo: Ballintubber Abbey in Claremorris.
Discover the CIE Tours Difference:
- Inclusive Value: Everything on your itinerary is included in one up-front price.
- Expert Guides: Insider knowledge and stories that bring your holiday to life.
- Authentic Experiences: Immerse yourself in local culture and visit hidden gems.
- Carefree Touring: Over nine decades of experience, with you every step of the way.
Photo: Titanic Belfast Museum in Belfast
Inclusions on a CIE Tours Guided Holiday:
- All entrance fees to attractions
- Most meals
- All on-tour transportation
- Free WiFi on coaches and in hotels
- Travel pack
- Luggage handling
- All local taxes and hotel service charges included
Ireland is one of the world’s most stunningly beautiful countries. But it’s so much more than that: it’s a wonderland of natural and cultural heritage. Considering the Emerald Isle for your next vacation? Check out our list of ten distinctive experiences you can’t find anywhere else.
- Hear fascinating tales of the Irish around the world on a visit to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum in Dublin – an award-winning, high-tech attraction that details the journeys of the Irish diaspora and the stories of their new lives abroad.
Photo: EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum in Dublin.
- Have a cup of tea in a literary pub where one of Ireland’s most beloved playwrights once tended bar. John B. Keane’s in Listowel was the family pub – and the inspiration – of the famed writer, who wrote many works in a room behind the bar.
- Discover the historic city of Belfast and see the docks where the Titanic was built in 1912. The high-tech “Titanic Belfast” attraction will immerse you in the story of the doomed liner.
- Stand in the footsteps of legends at the Giant’s Causeway, hexagonal stone pillars rising out of the sea. Created by ancient geologic forces, folklore tells us they were the work of a warring Irish giant.
- Experience the Long Meadow Cider, an award-winning family orchard, for a tour and tasting followed by a picnic lunch.
- Dip into the Irish craft beer scene as you taste a flight of local brews at the Walled City Brewery, a stylish, family-owned establishment located in a former army barracks in the historic heart of Derry.
Photo: Walled City Brewery in Derry.
- Step inside a charming country church that’s been in continuous use for more than 780 years. Picturesque Ballintubber Abbey is a draw for weddings – James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan and Riverdance star Jean Butler are among the celebrities who have married there.
- Visit a traditional sheep farm and view highly trained sheepdogs display their skills.
- Revel in a lively night of traditional Irish entertainment with dinner. Tap your toes to dance tunes and sing along to ballads for a night you’ll long remember.
- Experience the incomparable beauty of the Dingle Peninsula in Kerry. The spectacular wild west coast of Ireland is renowned for its amazing beaches, winding roads, and heather-covered mountains and cliffs.
Tempted? Check out the Irish Odyssey tour from CIE Tours – which offers all of the above on a 12- day guided vacation, plus a night in a luxurious castle hotel. Your expert Tour Director is ready to regale you with history and lore, look after all the details, and foster friendship on the road. All CIE Tours guided vacations feature the All-In Inclusive Advantage, ensuring all attractions and most meals are included.